Snappet is looking for a Senior Test Engineer. Will you join our team?
Help improve the learning results of children: that’s what we aim for at Snappet. We develop smart software that enables teachers and children to get the best results. On a daily basis our software is used in over 3500 schools across Europe and USA and used by more than 300.000 students. We strive to deliver continuous improvement of our products to support all these schools and students.
As a tester in one of our agile development teams, you will be responsible for all aspects of testing and quality in your team. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include participation in story refinements, planning sessions, and daily scrum meetings. You will actively participate in defining story acceptance criteria and ensure their testability. Your testing tasks will include creating maintenance of automatic tests, manual, configuration, and performance testing. You will also collaborate with test engineers from other teams, share your knowledge, and learn from others in regular catch-ups.
Besides the work in the team, engineers regularly experiment and learn new technologies and collaborate on this with each other. We also have monthly ''pizza sessions'' where engineers get together and share knowledge on all things, tech or fun - Snappet provides drinks and pizza.
What it takes to excel in this role
- 5+ years of work experience as a QA engineer and relevant higher education or university degree.
- Minimum of 3-years hands-on experience with test automation and the testing of web applications.
- Experience in setting up test environments and test data to execute test cases.
- Experience in API testing.
- Good in observing failure patterns and using them to find root causes, suggest process improvements, extend test cases and help developers to build quality code.
- Experience working within Agile teams and help teams to adopt and implement correct testing approaches(Shift-Left Testing) by working along with them.
- Should be able to communicate clearly, efficiently and not be hesitant in challenging the team to deliver a quality product.
- Fluency in English
- Experience in defining test strategies: identity what needs to be tested, when, how - and the corresponding risks
- Experience in setting up test frameworks
- Experience in non-functional testing (performance and security)
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience in testing cloud-based solutions
- Performance testing experience
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure
And if you have a passion for technology, then we’re looking for you!
Framework and tools that we use:
- SpecFlow, C#, WebDriver, RestSharp, Cypress, Protractor, React
- Performance Tools JMeter, Artillery
- Microsoft SQL Server, Aurora, MySQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps, TeamCity, and Git
What we offer:
- Training budget for personal development.
- Plenty of room for own input.
- Working with experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working hours.
- Office right next to Utrecht Central Station.
- A foosball table and other fun events.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please mail to HR@snappet.org